Sustainability Consultant/Sustainability Engineer- Salary up to £55k depending on experience
Your new company
Baily Garner was established in 1976 and has grown from a small practice into a multi-disciplinary consultancy of almost 200 professionals. We think big and are active participants in the construction industry, encouraging change and letting people know what we think.
Our team of almost 200 people, based out of offices in London and Birmingham, combines architects, building surveyors, quantity surveyors, electrical, mechanical and environmental engineers, project managers and health and safety specialists.
We have traditionally been, and continue to be, strong in the housing sector - new build, refurbishment, mixed use and mixed tenure schemes and have steadily increased our presence in the education, care, health, blue light and commercial sectors. As a result we have a portfolio of projects ranging in value from £5,000 to in excess of £100 million, of which around two thirds each year is earned in repeat instructions from existing delighted clients.
Your new role
The Sustainability Consultant will work in collaboration with colleagues from across the practice, providing expert advice and input on projects at all stages. They will take responsibility for completing packages of work allocated by the Programme Manager and Partners, to be delivered in accordance with Baily Garner's quality standards, project plans and objectives. This role will have a focus on Energy Modelling, Building Physics, Energy & Sustainability Strategies for both clients in the public and private sectors. The role will involve assisting colleagues and helping them develop.
The job responsibilities described hereafter are a guide and all employees will be expected to undertake tasks as directed by Partners.
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Sustainability strategies
- Energy strategies
- Building Regulations Part L assessments using NHER / Elmhurst and IES
- Energy modelling and assessment
- Dynamic modelling for thermal comfort assessments and overheating risk assessments
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Daylight analysis
- Embodied carbon assessments - not essential but beneficial
- Whole life carbon appraisals - not essential but beneficial
- Circular economy strategies and low carbon materials - not essential but beneficial BREEAM, WELL AP - not essential but beneficial
What you'll need to succeed
- Have at least 4 years' experience in a similar role
- Have practical experience with building modelling (e.g. FSAP/IES)
- Have experience using IES
- Have a good standard of knowledge of energy-efficient building design
- Must be Qualified NDEA/Low Carbon Consultant and OCDEA
- This role requires you to be DBS checked at an enhanced level and to obtain police vetting. These applications will be made by Baily Garner once a job offer has been accepted.
- N.B The Police vetting process requires you to have been permanently resident in the UK for 3 continuous years (this include UK Nationals)
What you'll get in return
For the full benefits package, please click on the benefits tab. For this role you can expect a salary of up to £55k - depending on experience, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and birthday leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Aadil Cockar now on 07428735860. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.