Your new company
A multi-disciplinary design, engineering and project delivery company who have been delivering award-winning design and engineering services across the UK for over 60 years are recruiting a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work within the building services team in Motherwell.
With multiple offices throughout the UK & Europe, you will be joining a business with decades of experience in delivering flexible and energy efficient building designs from research labs and offices to hospitals, schools and airports.
Your new role
Design and specify all aspects of mechanical building services in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations. Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to general construction and specifically mechanical building services guidelines, standards and regulations.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Lead the delivery of Mechanical services scope of work across multiple projects, as part of a multi discipline design team.
- Carry out any or all stages of Mechanical design from concept to completion as required by the project.
- Lead the preparation of enquiries for potential major projects.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary design team where required.
- Report on project performance to Principal Engineer.
- Actively contribute to the development of the department.
- Carry out technical design reviews / critiques of projects in progress.
- Support the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
- Participate in effective presentations to external organisations, customers and peer groups
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree qualified in mechanical engineering/building services
- Ideally chartered or willing to work towards this
- Proven track record in mechanical services design, in particular the following market sectors: Transportation, including rail, underground and airports, Commercial and mixed use, Public sector, including education, defence, healthcare, Labs and custodial
- Proven track record of project delivery, together with notable projects across a variety of sectors (including science and technology, nuclear, and waste and environmental), major local developments and multi disciplinary work
- Strong demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style
- Fully conversant with technical and legislation requirements for mechanical services equipment and installation design and management
- Ability to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering design studies and working systems
- Demonstrate the technical capability and communication skills to support a project definition
- Ability to develop designs from RIBA A through to F2
- Experienced in managing external design and vendors organisations
What you'll get in return
Working at this practice means a chance to make your mark on some of the most exciting design and engineering projects in their sectors. Whatever your discipline, you'll be alongside some of the most talented people in the industry. An attractive salary and benefits package including:
- Company car or cash allowance
- Up to 6% matched contributory pension plan
- Flexible working options (currently working 1 day in office)
- Life assurance scheme
- 25 days annual leave plus ability to buy additional leave
- Discount scheme (including gym membership, mobile phones etc)
- Family friendly policies
- Employee assistance
- Professional development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.