Estimator - Construction - Negotiable Salary
Your new company
Contractor who specialise in commercial, educational and residential projects across the East and London, with a wealth of experience taking projects from concept through to completion
Your new role
Estimator required to deal with pricing tenders varying in volume and value, you should be
able to meet deadlines, communicate efficiently and manage expectations.
You must be confident liaising with clients, suppliers and co-workers, this role covers a range of duties, including
technical, commercial and procurement.
You will need to be driven, self-motivated, conscientious and self-disciplined, with the ability to effectively control cost and value.
- Use and understand full pricing strategies within the construction sector from schedule of rates to modular tendering process
- Pricing of projects of various scales, analysing scope, pricing/approving variations and assessing value engineered options to meet the needs of the client as well as any set deadlines
- Deliver prices in multiple sectors including commercial, educational and residential
- Liaise with clients to professionally manage the delivery of each tender and set expectations, attendance to client meetings will be required on occasion
- Oversee valuations and variations on assigned projects with Project Manager, maintain full control over each project. Variation pricing to be completed through procedure i.e. site instructions and approved costs- evidence must be retained
- Provide regular reports on projects in progress and reporting actual/potential issues
- Deliver excellent front line customer service to clients, subcontractors and suppliers via phone and email
- Preparation of schedules of components for quantifying purposes
- Preparation of take-offs ready for factory production
- Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, plans, specifications, and related documents.
- Identify labour, materials and time requirements by studying proposals, plans, specifications and related documents
- Present prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Take part in site surveys with the client to determine their requirements, and then transpose the information gathered into clear templated pricing documents
- You will work closely with the Project Manager and ensure there is buildability while also liaising with the Production Director
- Provide tender price breakdowns then analyse and report findings to the Project Manager and or the Managing Director as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience in a similar role or recently graduated with a relevant degree
Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel and Word
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.