Your new company
My client provides Cost Consultancy and Project Management Services on both Civil and Building projects throughout Europe. Their success is based on the quality of their people. They employ highly qualified individuals and invest significantly in their training and development.
My client's strength lies in the skills and services which they can provide to clients which combine a solid and broad understanding of specific client requirements and local circumstances with global operational experience.
Your new role
Taking on a new client, you will be assisting with the rollout of new datacenters - so experience in this would be beneficial.
The key responsibilities of a Senior Quantity Surveyor include, but are not limited to:
* Preparing, negotiating and analysing costs for budgets.
* Ensure sub-contractors are pre-qualified in accordance with management systems.
* Procurement of Sub-Contractors and preparation of Sub-Contractor order documentation.
* Assessing and certification of sub-contractor interim payments and ensuring required Payer / Pay-less notices as issued.
* Advising on a range of legal and contractual issues and identification and management of commercial risks.
* Production and presentation of monthly Cost Value Reconciliation on projects.
* Establish, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
* Plan, allocate and evaluate work carried out by teams, individuals and self.
* Assist in managing the Commercial team and supervise and mentor Quantity Surveyors.
* Ensure effective interaction between the commercial and operational site teams.
What you'll need to succeed
Relevant professional experience
Familiar with current forms of Building Contracts
Use of computerised bill production an advantage
Take control of and manage from inception through to completion one or more projects depending on size and complexity
Preparation of initial budgets and cost plans
Commercial management of fast track projects
Client facing and direct Client reporting
Work within a busy professional environment and as part of ability to lead a multi - disciplinary team
What you'll get in return
£50,000 to £75,000 dependant on experience, plus benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.