Senior Highways Engineer job.
Your new company
A global employer who has offices in nearly 130 countries across the globe and who employs over 5000 people, they continue to grow rapidly and offer a wide range of services to their clients. This company gives a complete and thorough service to all their customers which leads to a a high volume of repeat business. They are now looking to increase their workforce with a Highways Technician who is looking to develop their career.
Your new role
You are an experienced Principal or Senior Engineer who will join the Highways team as and be a part of continuing to move the business forward. Your main responsibilities include:
- Production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales;
- Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs;
- Directing Technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawings;
- Undertaking quality reviews of designs prior to issue;
- Liaison with Statutory Bodies (e.g. Highways England or Local Authority);
- Analysis and design of earthworks;
- Visiting sites and attending site meetings;
- Participation in internal project team meetings;
- Attendance at external design meetings with clients and other design team members;
- Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications.
What you'll need to succeed
This position is key to the success of the team and you will most likely have extensive experience in a design role gained within a consultancy producing design packages for technical approval and construction. Familiarity and proficiency in the application of relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB) are expected, as is experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages. This is a dynamic and exciting role for a candidate looking to progress their career and who enjoys working independently and as part of a team. You have a Degree in Civil Engineering and are a Chartered Engineer, MICE or MCIHT
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
You will be provided you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. You will be supported to innovate, collaborate and build a meaningful career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.