Structural CAD Technician job in Derby. Excellent benefits package, competitive salary, career progression.
Your new company
Operating nationwide, this multi-disciplinary consultancy works in the public and private sectors of the property and construction industry. They strive to provide a professional and proactive service, offering quality solutions and efficient designs to all of their clients. You will join a growing business and a team that is passionate about taking the company forward to even bigger and better things. Staff development is crucial to this so there is no cap on career progression for anyone who joins this business at whatever level. You will be part of a close-knit organisation where people matter and well being is key. Each Team supports each other and there is often the opportunity to socialise out of the office.
Your new role
You will assist in the delivery of design projects by the production of design and detail drawings and documentation. Your main duties will include:
- Production of accurate and detailed drawings utilising relevant computer software - AutoCAD and Revit.
- Production of specifications, schedules and other documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Control and distribution of documentation in accordance with internal and client requirements.
- Assist others in the collation of project status and other reports.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery.
- Provide support and mentoring to other staff members including Junior Technician.
- Make short term visits to sites in the UK to support project and proposals needs for client liaison, site surveys, construction supervision, etc.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Adherence with relevant legislation and industry design standards including British Standards and Eurocodes as required.
What you'll need to succeed
You possess excellent construction knowledge with a strong appreciation of structural elements including reinforced concrete and drainage design. Ideally you also have substation project experience. You can demonstrate detailed knowledge of industry technical and design standards and you have substantial experience of producing engineering drawings. Your ability to assist in the production of clear and concise technical information, reports and specifications will be essential. Obviously, your proficiency in the use of CAD packages / relevant software is a must.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days holiday + bank holidays, death in service, annual pay review, company pension and support with gaining chartership. You will be working within a small team so will have the opportunity to make a positive impact early on and take your career to the next stage fairly quickly. Your skills will be welcomed and you will be rewarded for a job well done. This job will offer you a challenge immediately and continue to keep you motivated for as long as you need.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.