Project Manager - for a leading commercial developer in central London, working alongside a development manager to deliver a 15,000 sqm new commercial block in the west end. As the client project lead for this unique developer you will be able to demonstrate excellent project, programme and risk management skills. This is the ideal opportunity to leave behind consultancy and take your career to the principal.
High Level Proposal
The Project Manager will provide project management leadership to our development projects. By applying industry recognised tools and methodologies within our own project control regime, the Project Manager will ensure the Development Manager is better able to lead the project and so exceed the strategic and financial targets.
- Actively supports the Development Managers in their duties on a daily basis.
- Utilizes duly approved standards, processes, manuals, templates and other documents during Project Journey as appropriate.
- Takes part in decisions on all key problems and project milestones (project concept, financial business plan, main due dates, main suppliers and clients).
- Informs the management as well as the respective subject within the organization about the project, its planned activities and delays.
- Makes sure design and professional teams are delivering on key drivers.
- Supports the Leasing Mangers and Property Managers with technical project data.
- Supports in design stages preparation.
- Leads the project risk management and owns the risk management schedule. Regularly updates and evaluates the Risk & Stakeholder Management Plan and without any delay informs Development Manager about risks and stakeholders of high importance.
- Makes sure any project documents and schedules are up to date and properly managed including owning the project data room. Is directly and indirectly responsible for completeness of the project documentation, its actual status and archiving.
- Ensures preparation of project documentation and technical solutions for individual stages (EIA, planning, building control documentation), reviews proposals for technical solutions, utilized technologies and materials.
- Maintains a cost plan and fee drawdown of all anticipated design, construction and related costs.
- Through the budget controller ensures proper recording of the direct project expenses and revenues.
- Sense checks the Business Planning programme, creating a project programme and managing the team within this.
- Prepares overall project time schedule, plans ahead key project activities and relationships.
- Reviews and agrees proposal of the Construction Project Manager to modify the overall time schedule of construction works and decides on solutions of delays.
- Through Construction Project Manager ensures preparation of the construction site, especially demolition works, protection and connection to networks.
- Takes part in the site reviews on the construction.
- Regularly checks fulfillment of the business plan, analyses eventual non-fulfillment and suggest alternative fulfillment, regularly reports project financial status.
- Consults financing and insurance of the project, prepares the necessary background data for banks and insurance companies.
- Makes sure there is a handover plan which is effectively implemented and that construction aftercare/defects are effectively managed.
- Actively supports knowledge sharing within the company and lead the Lessons Learned Process on the development project to ensure that the gained knowledge is shared amongst projects.