Contractor's QS opportunity with builder of bespoke developments
Your new company
If you're a QS feeling hemmed in or frustrated with your current role, I've got a fantastic opportunity that you may be interested in - I'm seeking an experienced quantity surveyor for one of my best clients, an established, respected contractor delivering bespoke high-end homes of up to £3m in value across Devon. This is a rare chance to challenge yourself on unique, individual projects and to join a friendly, professional team of builders for whom both client and employee satisfaction are paramount.
Your new role
As an important member of the Commercial Team, your role will involve predominantly production phase duties working alongside a Contracts Manager and dedicated Site Manager, and in accordance with a detailed estimate and cost plan, with occasional assistance to the estimator at times of peak demand.
This exciting role will give you the opportunity to be involved with projects in a more diverse manner than that of a traditional QS, with duties including:
- Establishing and maintaining productive working relationships within the building team, developing trust and support for colleagues and managers
- Attendance at handover meetings for briefing of the fundamental details of awarded contracts by the bid team.
- Producing monthly payment applications in accordance with the applicable contract
- Price variations + non-conformance reports on a rolling monthly basis
- Record WIP, accruals and likely deposit payments for inclusion in CVRs
- Monthly CVR production
- Monitoring and keeping ongoing predicted final account values for each project.
- Producing Quantity Surveying element of drafted Contractor's Reports
- Procurement of sub-contract packages and selected materials
- Signing off of sub-contractor payments in accordance with quality inspection process
- Creating and managing procurement and production programmes
- Assisting the company estimator in the compilation of tender submissions at times of peak demand through
- Undertaking like-for-like comparisons of sub-contractor tender submissions and seek clarifications as required.
- Report on sub-contractor submissions and comparisons to Commercial Manager
- Prepare costing of site prelims.
- Assisting in preparation of final tender submission documents
And a whole bunch more besides!
What you'll need to succeed
If any of the following match your skills and experience, then I'd like to talk to you:
- An experienced QS or a fast-learning junior QS looking to develop within the role
- A relevant construction-based degree (or working towards a tertiary qualification)
- Good knowledge of the JCT suite of construction contracts
- Experience of working in the bespoke residential sector would be a bonus, as would:
- Membership of an appropriate professional body such as the RICS or CIOB
What you'll get in return
Each dwelling that my client builds is unique and individual,guaranteeing that no one day will be the same for you - each project offers different challenges in terms of assessment, negotiation and procurement of subcontractors and suppliers. It's also worth mentioning that the company have worked with many of their subcontractors for years, meaning their relationships are less combative and more on a partnership basis that many other companies.
This is an important role for my client, hence they're willing to offer a competitive salary and package, a generous holiday allowance and the opportunity for flexible working if desired.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly