Procurement Manager | Head of Procurement | Public Sector Organisation | Up to £52,000 + Car allowance
Your new role
You will be joining a public sector organisation based in Berkshire who are currently facing a large period of commercialisation, they must adhere to the public sector policies and processes for procurement i.e. PCR2015/OJEU. They are clearly a forward thinking organisation and are looking for people that share that mindset and attitude to the workplace as well.
Your new role
- Management of the Procurement function and its full processes linked with operations, to ensure compliance with internal financial regulations and external regulatory requirements.
- Reporting on all commercial tender / contract negotiations, status of procurement efficiency targets and communicating results and progress to all levels within the business.
- Carrying out a first legal review in all processes and ensure correct contract documentation is provided to suppliers. You will also manage down required support from internal / external legal departments.
- Manage team to drive value for money in all procurement tender / framework / contract negotiations.
- Maintain up to date Framework / Contract negotiation timetable and strategy to minimise risk of lapses.
- Contract management including on-going review of end to end supply chain to highlight efficiencies and create strategies to realise savings
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working within a strategic procurement function
- Experience of improving procurement services provided
- Experienced and competent in delivering procurement in line with UK procurement legislation
- Experience of delivering an effective procurement service
- Experience of tendering through frameworks and bespoke tenders
- Experience of delivering procurement within the Social Housing Sector or similar public body
- Experience of drafting and managing standard construction contracts (e.g. JCT / NEC etc.)
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, the organisation is currently working from home, they are implementing a flexible working policy which would see you working from home up to 3 days a week. You will be paid up to £52,000 depending on experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly