Legionella / Water Hygiene Manager
Water Hygiene Manager - HE Estates & Facilities - Loughborough - 21% Pension + 44 days holiday
Your new company
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Contracts Supervisor to join one of the UK's leading Universities in their Estates & Facilities team. The department is the largest in the University employing over 700 staff and has a budget of £100m.
The team were recognised as the Top University E&FM team this year by the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE). To maintain this top position, they need to recruit the best talent.
They offer an unbeatable working environment and benefits package with options to suit all.
Your new role
Reporting directly to Head of Engineering. To ensure that all water systems are fully compliant with all aspects of current health and safety, legionella legislation and health care standards.
- Conducting water risk assessments across a broad range of infrastructure and overseeing recommendations and findings to include residential accommodation, academic facilities, leisure and sports facilities and laboratory environments.
- To act as the Duty Appointed Person for all aspects of legionella management acting on behalf of the Director of Estates.
- To ensure that the University policy, procedures, and guidance for Water Management are kept up to date with any changes and updates.
- To ensure that staff that are carrying out water hygiene works have the suitable qualifications and training for the level of task they are carrying out, and work with the training Manager to close any gaps that occur.
- Audits internal staff and external contractors to ensure they are working as per the laid down guidance.
- To review method statements for all water hygiene works on the University Campus.
What you'll need to succeed
- To hold a recognised qualification (City & Guilds etc) in Legionella Risk Management
- To Hold a recognised Mechanical Services Qualification.
- To be fully conversant in Water Risk Assessments.
- Experience in Microsoft 365 especially in regard to excel and word.
- Experience of CAFM Management systems for water management
- Experience in auditing of all aspects of water management.
- To have a working knowledge of the Legionella Control Association code of practice in regard to appointed contractors.
- Training in auditing of Water Hygiene Management.
What you'll get in return
- £30,942 - £40,322
- 37.5 hour week
- 44 days holiday
- 21% pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Annual incremental pay increases
- Death in service
- Long Service Awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to facilities at discounted rates / Retail discounts
- Opportunity to enrol in further education
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Legionella / Water Hygiene Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly