Procurement Business Partner
Procurement Business Partner | Major Infrastructure Project | Government organisation based | Agile working
Your new company
Are you an experienced Procurement professional with experience in Construction and Infrastructure projects? Would you relish the chance to make an impact on a major environmental project, central to dealing with the challenge of storing and managing radioactive waste in the UK?
Hays are delighted to be working exclusively with Radioactive Waste Management and we are looking for five highly skilled Procurement Business Partners to manage a broad range of projects supporting RWM's mission to deliver a Geological Disposal Facility (GDF) and provide radioactive waste management solutions. The work will span everything from major ground investigation and construction enabling services to the delivery of corporate service contracts. As part of RWM's Commercial team you will also have the opportunity to contribute to the shaping of a new function.
Your new role
As a Procurement Business Partner you will be ensuring the organisation is compliant with European Commission and UK directives for procurement in the public sector, whilst supporting the organisation in achieving it's own milestones and also impacting the achievement of targets and milestones.
You will have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence at senior levels and you are keen to provide mentoring and development for other members of the procurement team.
Key Duties Include;
- Independently managing high profile, complex procurements.
- Collaborating with project managers to ensure adherence to key milestones and targets.
- Ensuring that procurement within the organisation is carried out in accordance within UK regulations and procedures, best practice guidance for public procurement and business procurement procedures.
- Managing the formal competitive tendering process from strategy, early market engagement, advertising, pre-qualification, supplier selection, negotiation and award.
- Provision of proactive contract management services to ensure time, cost and quality requirements are met including the management of all commercial claims.
- Management of a team, including their training and development to ensure a quality service provision.
- Provision of a professional, responsive, flexible and pragmatic procurement service to customers for high risk, high complexity multi-million-pound contracts.
What you'll need to succeed
- A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement categories
- Good strategic procurement knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work as a team player
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence at senior levels
- Commercially astute and customer focused
- Excellent negotiation skills with some understanding of NEC form of contract
- Ability to negotiate at the highest levels with suppliers
- Experience of public sector procurement and knowledge of OJEU (desirable).
- Experience of manufacture and supply contract placement (desirable).
- MCIPS qualified or working towards (desirable).
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary, dependant on experience
- Hybrid working policy
- Excellent benefits including an outstanding defined benefit pension scheme and excellent holiday allowance
- Wide range of career development opportunities (e.g professional registration, internal promotions, coaching and mentoring programme)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Procurement Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly