Estates Officer (Building Surveyor)
6 days left
- Full Time
Estates Officer/Assistant Building Surveyor, Reserve Forces Cadets Association, Cardiff, £26,350 + benefits
Your new company
Reserve Forces Cadets' Association for Wales delivers Estate solutions for the Reserve and Cadet Estate within the whole of Wales. Their Estates department deliver the volunteer estate in Wales through the maintenance and support of the reserve training centres, cadet centres and training areas within which the reserves and cadets of all services can conduct their activities. The office is based at Maindy Barracks, Cardiff.
Your new role
Assistant Estates Officers (Assistant Building Surveyors) are the RFCA for Wales Association's foot on the ground and they provide customers with safe and compliant infrastructure and buildings within a strict budgetary framework. Your role will include;
- Ensuring condition Surveys are uploaded and reviewed regularly to ensure RFCA for Wales remains compliant
- Inspection of all properties in line with current regulations and writing reports
- Undertake inspection of Firing Ranges in line with requirements of LTAR and ensure they remain safe to use
- Provision of reactive maintenance within agreed timescales
- Placing of work orders with contractors within budgetary constraints and ensure cost effectiveness
- Supervision and control of contractors' work/inspection of completed works
- Checking invoices for accuracy and timely payment for approval by Head of Estates.
- Preparation of specifications, estimates and contract documentation for minor maintenance works for approval by the Head of Estates.
- To oversee minor maintenance works conception to completion
- Support and assist in monitoring statutory mandatory inspections.
- Support and assist with helpdesk activities including logging fault reports as required.
- Carry out general admin tasks to assist with the running of the helpdesk function
What you'll need to succeed
- To ideally have a foundation degree or HNC/HND in Building Construction or equivalent
- To have experience in building construction management and maintenance
- To know and understand current Building Regulations, Codes of Practise and Legislation
- To be able to manage minor maintenance works independently
- To be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- To have a good working knowledge of IT packages including Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- To hold a valid UK driving license and be able to drive for prolonged periods of time as required
- To have excellent communication and customer service skills
- To have good administrative and time management skills and work under pressure
- To have a degree in Estate Management/Construction/Building Surveyor or similar
- To have experience and up to date working knowledge of estates compliance within the Ministry of Defence
- To be able to communicate in the medium of Welsh
What you'll get in return
- £26,350 per annum salary (1% pay rise in August)
- Fixed term contract of 1 year, 11 months
- 42 hours per week, flexible start and finish times
- Flexible working with a combination of office based and working from home (occasionally you will be required to work in the evenings and at weekends for which overtime or Time Off in Lieu may be taken)
- The role involves travel across South and West Wales, a pool car will be provided for site visits
- 25 holiday days per annum + bank holidays
*Applications close on Friday 16th July 2021*
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Estates Officer (Building Surveyor)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly