Electrical Building Services Engineer (Estates)
Electrical Building Services Engineer - Excellent benefits package - 44 days holiday - 21% pension
Your new company
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Building Services Engineer to join one of the UK's leading Universities in their Estates & Facilities team. The department is the largest in the University employing over 700 staff and has a budget of £100m.
The team were recognised as the Top University E&FM team this year by the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE). To maintain this top position, we need to recruit the best talent.
They are looking for an 'all round' Electrical Engineer who has experience in electrical design, estimating and project delivery / management and compliance. You will be responsible for planned & reactive maintenance projects as well as new installations.
Your new role
- Reporting directly to the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Preparation of drawings, specifications, site supervision and other associated technical work relating to the planning and execution of minor projects and development works up to the sum of £1m.
- To produce schemes and drawings for electrical services, including design calculations, estimates etc and to update and amend current drawings.
- To manage and supervise contractors working on site
- To brief outside consultants on departmental requirements and to monitor the design of both new buildings and alteration works.
- To carry out feasibility studies and reports.
- To carry out any duties within their competence reasonably requested by the Senior Electrical Engineer.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of HNC / HND in Electrical Engineering (essential)
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in new install and planned / preventative maintenance
- Experience with project design, project management, estimating
- Excellent knowledge of regulations and compliance
- Good knowledge of LV / HV systems
- Able to manage labour and sub-contractors
- Hevacomp / Amtech, AutoCAD design software essential
What you'll get in return
- £30,942 - £40,322
- 37.5 hour week
- 44 days holiday
- 21% pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 1 - 2 days remote working
- Death in service
- Long Service Awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to facilities at discounted rates / Retail discounts
- Opportunity to enrol in further education
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097