Engineering Manager - Nuclear
Engineering Manager role to work in nuclear mix of home and office working in either warrington or cumbria.
Your new company
You will be joining an established consultancy who work across the nuclear industry's most complex and challenging nuclear projects; combining extensive industry experience with the technical expertise of its multi-disciplined teams of consultants and engineers. Due to growth they are looking for an Engineering manager to join the team either based from the warrington or cumbria office with home working,
Your new role
You will support its dismantling engineering team. The role will include managing activities and actions to be carried out in order to reach technically-viable and low-cost solutions to address the issues raised by projects.
- Co-ordination of the engineering team and definition of priorities in relation to the project objectives
- To ensure that all interfaces data is correctly defined and justified. This will include working with radiological data, inventories and other data sources.
- Ensure that documentation is available and accessible in a central repository, including existing documents, photos, and background information.
- Interface management and document co-ordination
- Follow-up of the major technical issues within the project, particularly those which cross functions and disciplines. This will include management of all relevant interfaces.
- Co-ordination of engineering teams to meet the requirements of the project and customer
- Management and arbitration of changes to the configuration of the engineering files
- Occasional support to engineering teams, especially in the case of contractual exchanges with Material and Time suppliers where there is a need to provide a global vision of all requirements.
- Ensure that the services delivered by the teams meet the needs of the project in terms of cost and time
- Close monitoring of costs and deadlines (schedule / cost information) for feedback of the issues to the various project functions and / or the project itself, and to ensure the best possible solutions for maintaining project performance indicators (BV / CP, CPI, SPI)
What you'll need to succeed
You will have demonstrable experience in a similar engineering management role having worked in the nuclear sector. You will have excellent leadership and management experience.
What you'll get in return
You will receive an attractive salary plus 8% bonus, 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays, life assurance, 8% employer contributions plus additional benefits and career progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or email
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career at