Project Manager - Nuclear
Project Manager - Nuclear sector. Mix of office and home working offering £55000 - £70000 plus package.
Your new company
You will join an established consultancy who operation across the country delivering technical services and expertise across the nuclear lifecycle. With experienced and local teams on-the-ground in the UK, they combine decades of UK industry experience with the global and internationally-renowned pedigree of the wider business. Due to expansion they are looking for a Project Manager to join them based from home and the office in warrington. You could also base yourself from their Cumbria office if that was more suited.
Your new role
The Project Manager sets the project execution strategies and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely, in line with company policy achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed scope of work. The Project Manager role will be undertaken by a SQEP resource allowing a single point of management contact with customer.
- Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality, company procedures, policies, legislative, regulatory, requirements.
- Developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
- Maximising within the project the use of Learning from Experience and disseminating new LFE to the relevant functions.
- Implementing and maintaining the project and supporting functions interfaces.
- Leading and coaching the project team members.
- Assigning and maintaining competent project team members and acting promptly to industrial relations and HR issues.
- Providing accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
- Identifying risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Implementing and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
- Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and stakeholders.
- Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
- Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline.
- Liaise with customer Programme Manager to create the overall strategy and subsequently plan delivery of the programme and individual project packages in line with this.
- Manage the Project team throughout the delivery of the programme activities.
- Manage the studies required for the programme and individual projects
- Undertake internal study and design reviews.
- Provide information for, and input to, HAZOP(s) / HAZCON(s).
- Review documentation and support through various committees e.g. PMPs, MSC etc.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an experienced Project Manager with a track record in the nuclear sector leading projects from start to finish.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a salary depending on level of experience £55000 - £70000 plus 8% bonus, life assurance, 8% employer contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday increasing to 30 days plus bank holidays. Opportunity to career development and progression.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.