Junior Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Junior Mechanical Engineer - Building Services - 34 Days Holiday + Excellent Benefits Package
Your new company
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Junior Mechanical Building Services Engineer (HVAC) to join one of the UK's leading Universities in their Estates & Facilities team. The department is the largest in the University employing over 700 staff and has a budget of £100m.
The team were recognised as the Top University E&FM team this year by the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE). To maintain this top position, they need to recruit the best talent.
They offer an unbeatable working environment and benefits package with options to suit all.
Your new role
The Junior Mechanical Engineer will form part of the Engineering team reporting directly to the Senior Mechanical Engineer. You will assist with the design and delivery of maintenance and small works install projects across the University Campus. You will be responsible for the preparation of Mechanical Building Services designs (e.g heating, ventilation, air conditioning, hot & cold water etc), AutoCAD drawings, Specifications, Scopes of work / surveys and undertake the supervision of internal operatives and external contractors.
This is a Junior position with excellent opportunity to progress into a more senior role in the future. Continuous training and development will be provided.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering
- Experience carrying out designs, producing specifications/scopes of work and AutoCAD 2D drawings for Mechanical Building Services projects and small works.
- Experience supervising external contractors delivering Mechanical Building Services projects and small works.
- Able to work under pressure and meet competing deadlines.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or willingness to undertake this
- Full Driving Licence required
What you'll get in return
- £25,000- £32,000
- 37.5 hour week
- 34 days holiday
- 21% pension contribution
- Flexible working hours / Flexi-time
- Annual incremental pay increases
- Death in service
- Long Service Awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to facilities at discounted rates / Retail discounts
- Opportunity to enrol in further education
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.