Junior Electrical Building Services Engineer
Junior Electrical Engineer - Building Services - 34 Days Holiday + Excellent Benefits Package
Your new company
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Junior Electrical Building Services Engineer to join one of the UK's leading Universities in their Estates & Facilities team. The department is the largest in the University employing over 700 staff and has a budget of £100m.
The team were recognised as the Top University E&FM team this year by the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE). To maintain this top position, they need to recruit the best talent.
They offer an unbeatable working environment and benefits package with options to suit all.
The University offer an unbeatable working environment & benefits package with options to suit all.
Your new role
The Junior Engineer will form part of the Engineering team reporting directly to the Senior Electrical Engineer. You will assist with the design and delivery of maintenance and small works install projects across the University Campus. You will be responsible for the preparation of Electrical Building Services designs, e.g small power, lighting and protective installations etc, AutoCAD drawings, Specifications, Scopes of work / surveys and undertake the supervision of internal operatives and external contractors.
This is a Junior position providing continuous on the job training and development, you will have the opportunity to progress to a more senior level in the future.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC in Building Services / Electrical Engineering
- 18th Edition qualified
- Experience using design software (AutoCAD, Amtech, Relux/Dialux)
- Experience of carrying out electrical design, producing specifications/scopes of work and AutoCAD 2D drawings for Electrical Building Services projects and small works.
- Capable of supervising external contractors and managing small works projects
- Knowledge of high voltage (HV) systems would be beneficial
What you'll get in return
- £25,000 - £32,000 salary
- 37.5 hour week
- 34 days holiday
- 21% pension contribution
- Flexible working hours / Flexi-time
- Annual incremental pay increases
- Death in service
- Long Service Awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to facilities at discounted rates / Retail discounts
- Opportunity to enrol in further education
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.