Mechanical Building Services Engineer
Mechanical Building Services Engineer - Estates & Facilities + 21% pension - 44 days holiday
Your new company
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join one of the UK's leading Universities in their Estates & Facilities team. The department is the largest in the University employing over 700 staff and has a budget of £100m.
The team were recognised as the Top University E&FM team this year by the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE). To maintain this top position, we need to recruit the best talent.
They are looking for an 'all round' Mechanical Engineer who has experience in electrical design, estimating and project delivery / management and compliance. You will be responsible for planned & reactive maintenance projects as well as new installations.
Your new role
- Reporting directly to the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Preparation of drawings, specifications, site supervision and other associated technical work relating to the planning and execution of minor projects and development works up to the sum of £1m.
- To produce schemes and drawings for mechanical services (HVAC), including design calculations, estimates etc and to update and amend current drawings.
- To manage and supervise contractors working on site when involved from initial design.
- To brief outside consultants on departmental requirements and to monitor the design of both new buildings and alteration works.
- To carry out feasibility studies and condition surveys and reports.
- To carry out any duties within their competence reasonably requested by the Senior Mechanical Engineer.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in new install and planned / preventative maintenance
- Experience with project design, project management, estimating / tendering
- Good knowledge of HVAC systems
- Able to manage labour and sub-contractors
- Design software experience such as AutoCAD / Hevacomp
What you'll get in return
- £30,942 - £40,322
- 37.5 hour week
- 44 days holiday
- 21% pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 1 - 2 days remote working
- Death in service
- Long Service Awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to facilities at discounted rates / Retail discounts
- Opportunity to enrol in further education
For more information, please call Ben Fox on 0116 253 8097