Estimator - Construction - Negotiable salary and package
Your new company
Leading contractor with a long and established history of delivering projects across the East and further afield.
They operate across a number of sectors including Commercial, Education and Health.
Your new role
Due to continued growth they are now looking for an Estimator to join an already established pre-construction team, you will need to be ambitious, self motivated and able to work both independently and within our team of like minded individuals. You will have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
You need to be a conscientious, organised and a pro-active team player, highly motivated and committed to achieving company targets and always focused on the task in hand. You should be able to use initiative and prioritise effectively to meet tight deadlines, working independently or as part of a team.
Projects range from Commercial, Education and Healthcare and you will need experience within various procurement routes such as D&B, Traditional and 2 Stage valuing from £2m to £17m, there will also be full training and guidance provided should you be successful
Key Duties to include:
- Producing cost plans from RIBA stage 0 to stage 3
- Taking-off from drawings to produce detailed cost plans and quantity checks on the produced BQs
- Leading the tender enquiry process
- Allocation of elemental BQ items into works packages
- Subcontractor comparisons & identifying scope gaps
- Working with the supply chain to provide value engineering options
- Pricing of site preliminaries
- Providing information on key risks and opportunities at tender settlement
- Pricing competitive tenders under the direction of the estimating director
- Reviewing contract and other commercial data
- Attending client meetings
- Presenting tender information to project teams
- Reviewing tender documents prior to pricing and completing 'Enquiry Checklist' to determine pricing level
- Taking off groundwork's packages
- Completing 'Risk and Opportunity' Registers
- Liaising with buying department to obtain material quotations
- Pricing groundworks on Labour, Plant and Materials basis for Pre-Construction Managers review
- Tender adjudication with Commercial Director
- Pricing variations and additions
- Creating material lists and obtaining and comparing quotations
- Conducting site visits
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience in a similar role
Strong numeracy skills with the ability to think commercially
What you'll get in return
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Company car
- Free parking
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Hours of work - 08:15 - 17:00, Monday to Friday.
- Salary dependent on experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Estimator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly