Project Delivery Manager
Project Delivery Manager - Civils & Telecoms - Negotiable Salary
Your new company
With more than 30 years of experience working in the Highways, Civils, Utilities and Telecoms sector, working with established clients throughout the UK in both the Public and Blue Chip private sector. They have established offices across the country
Your new role
Project Delivery Manager required to be responsible for the management and coordination of planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management including P&L, quality control, safety and overall delivery of their allocated project(s).
The role is focused on ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
You will deliver the project scope in accordance with commercial requirements and client needs ensuring delivery is on time, of high quality and in line with commercial expectations. You will ensure all work under the project is carried out to a high standard whilst observing all relevant safety, environmental and management procedures.
- In collaboration with the Resource Scheduling Manager, coordinate and organise crews for your assigned project.
- Oversee the project site including yard and back office. Ensure equipment is stored correctly and safely.
- Plan and control finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete and strong monitoring and control of spend. Agree costs and sign off invoices in line with the agreed budget.
- Ensure any slippage/risk is identified and remedial or mitigating actions are suggested and implemented balancing delivery with commercial impact
- Be responsible for the P&L of the assigned project, assist in generating monthly/weekly financial reports and ensuring the contract is profitable.
- Line manage assigned project team, ensuring performance appraisals and support. Be responsible for ensuring crews are working efficiently, safely and aligned to the company values
- Participate in project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost and scheduling
- Establish and maintain governance arrangements for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities across all stakeholders with regular monitoring to ensure roles/responsibilities are being fulfilled as expected
- Provide weekly and monthly project reports for directors and clients ensuring they are accurate, provided in a timely manner and presented in a professional format
- Manage the day to day operational client interface to deliver satisfaction of client needs whilst maximising business value. Liaise proactively with clients on progress of jobs.
- In conjunction with procurement, ensure maintenance of adequate stock and material levels with sufficient forward planning.
- Be the point of contact for customer complaints, respond quickly and proactively to resolve the issue as presented, escalating to the Head of Client Delivery as appropriate.
- Carry out surveys and audits in a timely manner to ensure the project delivery is being done safely and to a high standard
- Organise vehicles and ensure vehicle logs and paperwork is completed
- Interact with operational shared services teams to ensure adequate support is provided around noticing, resourcing and admin support.
- Work closely with other project managers to ensure standardise process, best practice and continuous improvement. Take a proactive approach in sharing learning to improve operational processes across the company
- Take responsibility for overall health and safety on the project, coordinating and completing risk assessments and other documentation where needed.
- Apply the performance management processes consistently across members of staff you are responsible for ensuring performance appraisal set clear expectations of performance and is adequately supported with training and development
- Collect information as required for processing of team member wages, overtime, holiday, sickness and medical information by required deadlines
- Ensure your work and that of your team is undertaken safely and in compliance with the company policies and procedures
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working in a similar role
Degree educated - in an engineering discipline - advantageous but not essential
What you'll get in return
Negotiable salary depending on experience
Hours: 48 per week
Holiday: 25 days
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Project Delivery Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly