Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Civils & Telecoms - Freelance
Your new company
With more than 30 years of experience working in the Highways, Civils, Utilities and Telecoms sector, working with established clients throughout the UK in both the Public and Blue Chip private sector. They have established offices across the country
Your new role
Senior Quantity Surveyor required reporting into the Head of Commercial and will be responsible for ensuring the project is completed within its projected budget. A key contributor in the production of tender documentation requiring a developed understanding of the civil engineering/telecommunications market to ensure tenders accurately reflect cost, capability and capacity to complete the works.
Key Duties include:
- Produce price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Assist in the preparation of tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Accurately track changes to the design and/or construction work, adjusting budget projections accordingly through the reforecasting process
- Oversee the procurement of the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the project ensuring transparency of rates and recoverable charges
- Able to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes, along with excellent numerical and IT skills
- An understanding of applicable law and regulations, as well as health and safety matters, tax and insurance and contract law, so that you understand the legal implications of any decisions
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers to ensure the work can be completed within cost projections
- Lead on lessons learnt reporting for project closure ensuring a closed loop for feedback and implementation of identified actions
- Ownership of monthly P&L reports
- Management and overseeing of WIP
- Risk and Opportunity analysis
- Evaluate and negotiate tenders including subcontractors and suppliers.
- General commercial support
- Ability to interrogate costs and add value
What you'll need to succeed
Experience of NEC Forms of Contract
Background in civil engineering, telecoms or utilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly