Project Manager (Highways)
Project Manager (Highways) - Civils - Negotiable Salary
Your new company
One of the UK's leading construction and infrastructure business's delivering major projects throughout the UK.
They operate by staying true to their values, delivering excellence for their clients and the community, being passionate about their role in providing vital services, putting integrity at the heart of their business by doing the right thing, and collaborating with their clients, supply chain and stakeholders to deliver lasting change and long-term value.
Your new role
They are now looking to recruit a Project Manager to join their Highways business working on multiple schemes across Cambridgeshire to Norfolk with a combined values of the in excess of £250m.
As Project Manager you will lead and guide a major highways scheme to successful conclusion, on time, budget and to specification
- Create a 'Knowingly Safe' working environment;
- Ensure CDM is applied and relevant legislation is complied with.
- Embed a F.R.E.D.I.E Culture.
- Interview, select and onboard staff in line with the resource profile for the framework.
- Ensure all pre-commencement and regulatory requirements are discharged prior to work commencing taking the scheme from conceptual design, DCO, detailed design and into construction delivery.
- Take ownership of risk & opportunities.
- Guide the Commercial Team to manage costs, and maximise cash flow and profitability, capturing any changes in scope.
- Ensure any incidents/accidents are thoroughly investigated, closed out and learnings implemented.
- Take ownership for the delivery and quality of work to the required standards.
- Manage the Construction Teams and Supply Chain partners to ensure delivery of the Scheme in line with the agreed Budget, Programme and Scope.
- Ensure adequate resource to fulfil the programme including the demobilisation and redeployment of the team at the end of the project.
- Ensure all internal and external reporting is completed as required.
- Manage, monitor and review direct reports and team performances, providing encouragement and discipline as and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working in a similar role is essential
Passion, strong leadership and a commitment for delivering excellence.
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work on some of the UKs most exciting construction projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a great salary and benefits package including car or car allowance, pension, healthcare, bonus and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. They will always consider flexible working hours and arrangements.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Project Manager (Highways)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly