Building Surveyor | Permanent | £40,000-£50,000 DOE
Work from home
Immediate interviews available
Building Surveyor with social housing experience needed in Kent.
Are you a Building Surveyor with social housing experience looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong background working in the public sector or with a housing association? If so, I want to hear from you.
Your new company
On behalf of our client, a public sector organisation in Mid Kent, Hays Property & Surveying are currently seeking a Building Surveyor for a permanent opportunity.
Your new Building Surveyor job role
A new job opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor with social housing experience to join this leading housing association with a portfolio of properties across Mid Kent. You will join the in-house Asset team to deliver surveying, maintenance and planned works across their portfolio.
Based from home you will be required to carry out all aspects of aids and adaptations across property maintenance including continuation of the stock condition survey plan, major works, responsive repairs, refurbishment, fire management and monitoring the performance of contractors to ensure all works are completed as specified.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Ideally you will be an accomplished Building Surveyor with social housing experience.
- Assoc RICS, MRICS, MCIOB is desirable but not essential.
- Either working with a housing association, local authority or consultancy
- You should have a good understanding of stock and asset management principles
- Working knowledge of housing legislation and building regulations.
You should also have :
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- UK driving licence with own transport to commute to properties across Mid/West Kent
In return you can expect:
- To work for a forward-thinking housing association with excellent reputation
- Be rewarded with a competitive market salary.
- Excellent company benefits available
- 25 days annual leave
- Mileage paid to and from site
- Work from home
- Local Kent business
- Free parking
- On the job training
- Competitive pension scheme
- Full autonomy to make the role your own
Please note that due to COVID-19 situation our client is seeking to carry our first stage video interviews for this position with a view of remote onboarding for the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this Building Surveyor role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now on 01622 235 684. If this Building Surveyor job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career