MRICS Building Surveyor / Project Manager
MRICS Building Surveyor / Project Manager - Client Side Property Investment Company
Your new company
I am thrilled to be working with a client side property investment company, who own strategic commercial properties across the UK. Since the company has been formed, they have acquired in excess of £1bn of UK commercial real estate, which is made up largely of shopping centres, single and multi let office buildings, industrial and mixed use development sites.
Your new role
As an MRICS Building Surveyor / Project Manager you will be required to provide building and construction advice to the Asset Managers on all aspects of planning, refurbishment, development and project delivery across the retail and business portfolio ensuring cost effective, timely and successful completion.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- To manage projects ranging from small and conceptual works to major refurbishment and development
- To provide timely advice on acquisitions surveys and repairs.
- Assisting with pre acquisition due diligence (reviewing building and M&E surveys)
- Advising on detailed refurbishment costs to feed into the business plan
- Preparing, tendering and managing refurbishment projects across the portfolio to deliver on time and budget
- Appointing consultants (M&E and specialist consultants)
- Inspecting properties, preparing dilapidations claims and negotiating settlements on low value dilapidations work.
- Providing general advice to building related matters (roof leaks, drainage repairs etc.)
- Reviewing all tenant alterations works (where technical input may be required)
- Managing and directing Facilities Managers on lower value repairs/maintenance contracts etc.
- Focusing on value added work and minimising time spent on smaller instructions where consultants could be appointed and fees recovered.
What you'll need to succeed
* Previous building surveying experience required in commercial property management industry, consultancy or advisor.
* Capable of handling a number of diverse development projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Strong negotiation skills and able to overcome objections
* Well organised, methodical and results driven.
* MRICS qualified or equivalent building/project management qualification in relevant discipline at associate level.
What you'll get in return
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience 25 days holiday plus PH, Pension scheme, co contribution 5 %, PHI, Life Assurance 3x salary London office SW19 with nationwide travel
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum depending on experience
25 days holiday plus PH, Pension scheme, co contribution 5 %, PHI, Life Assurance 3x salary
Central London office with nationwide travel
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Diana Amalinei at Hays Property & Surveying.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.