Utilities Surveyor- Leeds, Manchester or Midland
A global market leading Engineering consultancy with a true commitment to innovation in science and sustainability and a client-centred approach, delivering a complex range of multi-disciplinary projects across a variety of sectors, concluded seamlessly from their office network worldwide.
As the Utilities Surveyor you will be joining a high-performing team that use their expertise to pragmatically find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, defence, energy, and international development.
You will be a critical addition to the Geospatial team, specifically with the Management & Surveying Business Unit. As part of that team you will deliver a combination of single and multi-disciplinary projects on behalf of your clients. This is a unique opportunity to get involved in some high-profile and complex range of projects across varying project locations, with a diverse range of technical requirements and insight to a multitude of sectors.
- The role will require excellent communication skills in both a project team and client facing environment.
- You will be fully conversant in utility mapping techniques, including electromagnetic detection and ground penetrating radar.
- Being comfortable with the standard outputs of utility surveying, is a must and you will have a strong health and safety commitment, with experience of operating safe systems of work.
- My client is looking for ambitious people to join their diverse team; This role will be suited to an individual that is keen to progressive and someone that is able to adapt and adopt to a diverse range of projects and sectors.
- First class communication skills are essential
- The role comes with a heavy workload and often challenging timescales, which will require flexibility and sometime working beyond a standard day. This may also include overnights stays plus weekend and night work may be required.
- The client benefits from being multinational, with offices throughout the UK. Their solid reputation and variety of projects enables the successful applicant flexibility of where they work, such as Midlands, Manchester and/ or Leeds.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED;
- Ability to undertake utility surveys in various environments with a working knowledge of PAS 128 M1-M4(P) methodologies.
- Conversant with RD8000 (or similar) EML and Ground Penetrating Radar
- Knowledge of modern data capture techniques such as Total Stations and GNSS.
- Experience using AutoCAD, including data processing, interpretation and presentation of survey results.
- Full driving licence
- Suitability for security clearance
- Experience in post-processing GPR software
- Topographic surveying experience
- QCF Utility Mapping Level 3 and Level 5 qualification in Utility Mapping and Surveying.
What you get in return:
- A competitive basic salary and benefits.
- A diverse environment
- An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Promote and support flexible working, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours.
- An advocate of work / life balance.
- Progression opportunities
- Diverse range of projects and sectors