Business Development Manager
Your new company
An opportunity for an experienced Business Development Manager to join the team of an established Sussex based main contractor. With a diverse and exciting portfolio of projects, from £1m - £8m, they are recruiting for a Business Development Manager who has a construction background and is looking to work locally with a strong and well established build team. You will be working on projects ranging from education to commercial, leisure, healthcare, housing, ecclesiastical - the majority of which are for local Sussex communities, contributing exciting buildings and amenities for local people and companies. This well respected construction business operates throughout Sussex, Kent, Surrey and Hampshire. With a turnover of circa £10 million. They require conscientious professional, committed to working in the construction sector, with excellent people and organisational skills, who has the ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment. The team have experience of JCT and NEC forms of building contract, including design & build, traditional, 2 stage and negotiated contracts
Your new role
To expand market share, drive growth through increased opportunities and forge strong relationships with clients. The following duties and responsibilities, whilst not definitive, detail the typical tasks of the post.
- Liaising with colleagues to create development plans and a marketing strategy focused on growth, financial gain and customer satisfaction
- Forecasting sales targets and growth projections
- Identifying market opportunities through meetings, networking and other channels
- Meeting existing and potential clients and building positive relationships
- Using initiative to seek new business and develop sales
- Identify prospects relevant to the business and develop sales leads.
- Preparing financial projections, sales targets and management reports
- Preparing sales presentations and participating in sales meetings
- Conduct market research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Drive business growth
- Target a number of first appointments, new opportunities and tenders each month, and assist in providing an on-going pipeline of projects.
- Attending events such as exhibitions and conferences
- Manage customer relationships building long-term relationships with new and existing customer
- Promote the company's products and services addressing or predicting clients' objectives
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be highly creative and have strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills with the ability to conduct yourself in a customer friendly, but professional, manner. You should have the initiative and ability to work alone, and as part of a team, and the confidence to contact clients and consultants by telephone, and face to face, identifying potential projects and opportunities.
- Proven working experience as a business development manager
- Proficiency in MS Office and general IT competency
- Market knowledge
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Time management and planning skills
- Ideally educated to degree level with business administration skills and experience
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Initiative and good decision-making skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills
What you'll get in return
You will be part of a long established Sussex company whose values are to offer their clients a time honoured proven service that incorporates technical innovations. They are a friendly and approachable team, collaborative and professional. The package -
Company car or allowance
29 days holiday (increasing with service)
Pension raising to 10% after 2 years
Parking at the office (free)
You will play an instrumental role in driving growth, developing new relationships whilst maintaining productive and dynamic long-term client and consultant contacts as part of the Company's strategic business plan and increasing market share.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.