Assembly operative, Burnley working in manufacturing.
Your new company
You will be working for a company who are leaders in the design and manufacture of valves and fittings for tanks. Due to continued growth they are looking for Assembly Operative to join the team in Lancashire on a long contract.
Your new role
-*Prepare work to be accompanied by studying assembly drawings, bills of materials, parts lists, gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
*Assemble components to drawing requirements, fastening parts and subassemblies.
*Verify assemblies to drawing requirements.
*Resolve assembly problems by notifying Co-ordinator.
*Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
*Document actions by completing production and quality forms.
*Use computers in order to extractdata.
*Contribute in a team working environment.
*Contribute to continuous improvement.
*Observe and practice the 5S principles.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally have manufacturing experience.
- methodical approach to systems and understanding of the importance of standards and established/agreed systems of work.
*Able to make decisions based on experience, have confidence to act and make changes within given boundaries.
*Good personal organisation under pressure from time, internal and external customers.
*Time management skills.
*Ability to read & interpret drawings.
*Good verbal communication and listening skills.
- You will have a strong work ethic, reliable, flexible approach, attention to detail, be adaptive and work unsupervised.
What you'll get in return
38 hours per week,
- Days Mon to Thurs 7.30 a.m. to 4.15 p.m. Friday 7.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.
- You will get Twilight pay hours which are: Mon to Thurs 4.00 p.m. to 12.00 a.m. Friday 12.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- Nights hours are: Mon to Thurs 9.30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Assembly Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly