M&E Project Manager
M&E Project Manager - Principal Contractor - Nottinghamshire - ASAP Start - Up to £30 ph - long-term contract
Your new company
Hays Building Services are working with a Principal Contractor who require multiple M&E Project Managers on a long-term contract to support with major hospital developments across Nottinghamshire. The purpose of the role is to manage and deliver Capital and Small Works projects from inception to completion including income generation work to time and budget, maintaining quality standards throughout
Your new role
You will lead day to day Design and Construction management of mechanical or electrical works on projects. The role will encompass a variety of responsibilities including preconstruction stages, design management, tendering, appointing contractors, issuing paperwork, CDM's, liaising with the internal QS department to deal with the commercial aspects of the project, project Management and working with live sites and relocating services. Likely project values will be up to £5m.
- Your duties will include;
- Representing the company at meetings
- Assist in the management of design consultants
- Ensure all design solutions offered by designers and sub-contractors fully comply with the project documentation and budget strategy
- Regularly inspect works for compliance with design
- Implement correct commercial control of contractors, within pre-set budgets.
- Ensure that contractual and claim correspondence is suitable actioned within agreed timeframes
- Review elements of CDM to ensure that construction works can be maintained safely after construction has been completed.
- Manage the trade contractors including the production of working drawings, procurement and prefabrication and performance on site.
- Ensure good communications within the project and regularly brief other team members.
- Provide regular written progress reports to monitor performance and highlight deficiencies at an early stage.
- Technically qualified to minimum of HNC (Building/Mechanical/Electrical) or relevant Degree
- Experience in the management of multi-disciplinary projects
- CDM Awareness
- SMSTS or IOSH H&S Managing Safely Certification
- Hold a CSCS card or equivalent.
- Able to achieve Standard DBS clearance
What you'll get in return
- ASAP Start.
- Long-term contract.
- Full-time, 5 days a week.
- Flexible working - work laptop provided with the ability to work from home.
- Up to £30 per hour (PAYE rate slightly lower).
- Temp to Perm - FTE paying up to £45,000.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for M&E Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly