Mechanical Engineer - Due diligence
Mechanical engineer based in Manchester, renewables sector, thermal processes. £60k- £70k plus package
Your new company
You will be joining a well-established technical consultancy part of a world wide group. They work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste sectors. They provide engineering and intellectual services to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
They employ over 130 people in the UK. They are now are seeking a professional engineer who is experienced in complex technical due diligence work to join the Manchester team.
Your new role
You will be responsible for working with investors or financial institutions looking at investing in the renewables markets. Providing consultancy services on legislation around power assets, looking at planning consents and interpreting the risk for the clients. You will be looking at thermal processes, CCS, and low carbon technologies.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have degree in an applicable engineering discipline; such as mechanical engineering or chemical.
A sound generalist experience gained from one or more of the following areas: thermal processes, CCS, and low carbon technologies;
* a sound understanding of engineering principles and terminology, ideally having worked within an engineering consultancy or similar environment;
* working knowledge of the different types of contracts normally involved in technical due diligence work and a sound understanding of the implications of the terms and conditions which might be imposed within them;
* knowledge of the conditions typically imposed by consents (such as planning consents and environmental permits); and
* the ability to review and accurately interpret complex documents (technical, commercial, and contractual) to identify and assess risks.
* effective and concise communication skills;
* the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues to non-technical professionals;
* full driving licence
What you'll get in return
You will receive a base salary £60000 - £70000 depending on experience, car allowance, contributory pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, and a generous company bonus scheme. They also offer significant training and development opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Mechanical Engineer - Due diligence
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly