BUILDING SURVEYOR/BUILDING INSPECTOR, WALES, M4 CORRIDOR, PERMANENT, £55,000, FIELD BASED/REMOTE WORKING
Your new company
Your new company specialise in warranty inspections across the UK and have a number of residential clients in Wales including new build homes, social housing and flats.
Your new role
Your new role will involve carrying out site inspections on residential developments, work collaboratively with customers to provide a structural warranty once developments are complete. The role will require you to develop excellent customer relationships to manage risk on site from planning to completion stage. Site visits will be routinely scheduled and documented on internal systems, so planning and organisation skills are essential to this role. You will have an understanding of the technical manual and current building regulations and will share this knowledge with customers in order to educate, assist in the build of quality developments and to resolve defects.
Day to day duties include;
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the database and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments during the life of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters - to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
What you'll need to succeed
- Graduate or full member of a relevant professional membership organisation CIOB, RICS, CABE
- Relevant building control experience, relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience
- Extensive experience of deferring construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards
- A demonstrable understanding of defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology (desirable)
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters
- Ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of the role, including (but not limited to) the ability to;
- move around a site
- climb ladders
- work at height
- drive reasonable distances
This is a home based role but you will spend the majority of your time completing site visits, therefore you must be willing to travel in your own vehicle and have a Full UK Driving licence.
What you'll get in return
Permanent role paying up to £55,000 depending on experience level
Remote working - personal IT equipment issued including laptop, tablet, mobile phone
Mileage expenses paid at 45p per mile
Extensive benefits package including private medical insurance, annual salary reviews, certified training, company holidays, group personal pension plan and career progression opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly