Senior Architectural Technologist Job Vacancy Glasgow Architecture
Hays are delighted to bring this role exclusively to the market!
Your new company
A local Glasgow based studio, who specialise in high density projects across the UK. They are a very successful business, who are really out in front of their competitors in the sector they operate in. Having worked with this company closely over the last few years, we have developed a really good understanding of their business, and we are very excited to support them with this new vacancy.
Your new role
They are now looking for a Senior Architectural Technologist to join their established Architectural team as a Technical Associate. This will be a role where you will still work on projects as a Senior Technologist, but also act as an Associate to provide technical support to the rest of the Architectural staff.
Principal responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Be responsible for the production of schematic, general arrangement and detailed drawings in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures
- Ensure quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings to internal and/or customer standards. Work closely with other members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions. Communicate and collaborate with technicians from other disciplines, other consultants, etc.Provide technical mentoring to junior members of the team
- Ensure thorough checking and accuracy of their own work and the work of junior staff under their supervision, in accordance with company QA procedures
- Where required, take responsibility for the registering and document control of incoming information and outgoing deliverables.
- Where required, take responsibility for maintaining drawing records, such as check and record file copies
- Develop positive relationships with customers through good professional conduct
- Participate in knowledge sharing across team and locations
- Keep up to date with design trends/ design techniques (BIM etc.)Interact on project standards coordination with customers
- Excellent team ethic, and ability to work extended hours on occasions when required
- Represent the business in external project technical meetings if required
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers production drawings for technical compliance with design intent
What you'll need to succeed
- Be educated to HND or degree level in Architectural Technology or related degree
- Ideally have 10+ years experience
- AutoCAD Revit and experience working on projects to BIM level 2 is essential
- To provide appropriate levels of Architectural design to a range of different building types and materials
- Experience and ability to perform the tasks noted above.
What you'll get in return
This a great opportunity to not only join a great business, but to work within a great team, on projects that are hard to find elsewhere on the market. This role is truly unique and the only one of its kind on the Glasgow market at the moment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Graeme now on 01412123660.