Geo-Environmental Engineer / Senior Engineer
Geo-Environmental Engineer or Senior Engineer | Small, independent consultancy | Glasgow
Your new company
A small, independent consultancy located just a few miles north of Glasgow City Centre currently have a position available for an experienced Geo-Environmental / Senior Engineer to join their busy team. This business are well known in the market, predominantly for their services within the residential sector, although they also operate within the commercial, leisure and industrial sectors, providing high quality and sustainable designs.. Having recently secured their place as consultant on some long-term, public sector frameworks, they are looking to expand their team to keep up with a demanding workload.
Your new role
Reporting to the Associate Director, you will act as Project Engineer and take responsibility for geotechnical, geo-environmental and water management aspects associated with any given project, including:
- Soil assessments and investigations
- Phase 1 & 2 desk studies / ground investigations
- Assisting with the assessment and approval of remediation works on site
- Soil logging
- Mentoring and developing junior members of staff
- Liaising with external clients, local authorities and agencies to agree remediation strategies
- Preparing / checking design calculations and specifications for geotechnical works such as bearing capacity, settlement, slope stability, earthworks, etc.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have a Degree in Civil Engineering, Geology or similar, and will have at least 3 years' relevant post-graduate experience. You should have good communication skills , strong attention to detail, and be able to work well within a small, but very busy, team.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful. friendly consultancy in Glasgow who will encourage and support professional development, no matter what stage you are at in your career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.