Principal / Associate Structural Engineer
Principal / Associate Engineer | Building Structures | Glasgow | Competitive Salary + excellent benefits
Your new company
Hays is proud to be working with one of the most respected multi-disciplinary consultancies in the UK who are looking to recruit a Principal / Associate Engineer to join their hugely successful building structures team.
This team have produced some stunning, award-winning projects over the years, and are currently working on some of the most high profile projects in Scotland Their diverse portfolio includes projects across the residential, commercial, education, rail, aviation. and energy sectors, ranging in size from small scale refurbishment works right the way through to developments worth hundreds of millions of pounds - truly offering their design teams the best of both worlds.
With a steady pipeline of secure and extremely interesting work, they are now looking to welcome a Principal / Associate Engineer to their talented team who can contribute to their future successes. This key appointment offers a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply knowledge, experience and problem solving skills to lead and develop a major part in the development of the business.
Your new role
- Develop your business development skills by working with the Associate Director to help identify new business opportunities, win work and contribute towards bids
- Establish, develop and maintain lasting relationships with key and prospective clients
- Take a lead role in the technical responsibility for structural engineering design delivery
- Manage and develop your own small team of engineers - review calculations, drawings, specifications and act as SER Certifier on projects (support will be provided for those who are not yet SER but are working towards obtaining SER status)
- Act as Project Manager / Design Manager for the business' consultancy services, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Contribute towards the development, growth and success of the structural engineering team
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a Chartered Civil/Structural Engineer, ideally with at least 4-5 years' experience,and will be a registered SER Certifier, or be close to obtaining this status. You will have extensive post graduate experience in major structural engineering building projects and a proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of; steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery, foundation design and structural analysis, and construction delivery.
This position is very much client facing, so it is crucial that you have excellent communication skills and are able to interact with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and competent manner. You will also be responsible for managing your own team of engineers, so natural team building strengths and an ability to motive and encourage others is also very important.
What you'll get in return
Owing to a very low staff turnover, this team do not recruit often, so this really is rare opportunity to join the business at a senior level. They are in a very strong position in the market, so will be able to offer a lucrative package to secure the right person. On top of this, you will receive an unrivalled benefits package including private healthcare, a generous annual leave allowance with the option to buy / sell holidays, flexible working policies, and an excellent pension.
If you interested in hearing more about this position, including who it is with, please contact me on the details below for a confidential chat.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.