Electrical Shift Engineer
Your new company
The UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools, and government offices.
Your new role
- To support the Technical Managers with a lead focus on critical systems, processes and compliance across the estate ensuring that they operate effectively and efficiently and meet the client and contractual requirements.
- The role is a 24/7 2 days 2 Nights and 4 days off shift pattern.
- To take ownership for the operation of the buildings including PPM, Re-active works, remedial works, and emergency response.
- To meet statutory compliance targets and adherence to all regulations within your area
- To achieve the highest level of service to the building's occupants in a most cost effective, technically competent, and safe manner.
- To coordinate and control sub-contractors to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, health and safety, quality, and environmental responsibilities, and with a pro-active approach to service delivery and problem solving.
- Carryout site inductions for all sub-contractors on site.
- Alert your Supervisor and manager to any facilities related issues that may affect day-to-day business operations.
- Ensure attendance of monthly toolbox talks and site inspections in line with programs.
- Required to provide shift cover for holiday/sickness etc.
- To effectively use PDA to manage PPM and Reactive Tasks
What you'll need to succeed
- Must hold a recognised Technical qualification.
- 18th edition preferred.
- Extensive experience in a similar role within the building services sector preferred.
- Preferable has served a recognised apprenticeship.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated and be a team player.
- Conversant with relevant legislation and compliance issues
- Proficient in Email and working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Good knowledge of all aspects of Health and Safety
- Must be self-motivated and be a good motivator.
- Should have a "Can Do" approach and portray a positive attitude
- Must always be smart and presentable
- Must have good customer service skills
- Can climb a ladder, working on their knees and safely able to transit around plant rooms.
What you'll get in return
Continental Shift Pattern, with a salary of £38 - £40k plus overtime.
Company benefits including holiday and company pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.