Electrical Project Manager
Electrical Project Manager - Overseas projects - £50-60k + expenses + benefits
Your new company
A UK construction company who delivers turnkey construction projects to clients overseas. They mainly work in the healthcare and housing sectors for projects across Africa. They require an Electrical Project Manager to be UK based but prepared for occasional overseas travel to selected projects.
The successful candidate will perform an integral role within the MEP Team in assisting in all aspects throughout the entire project lifecycle to enable the successful completion of overseas construction project. You liaise closely with external design consultants, suppliers, sub contractors both in the UK and overseas.
Your new role
- Assist the MEP Manager in all aspects of planning, design and specifying, delivering, and managing the delivery of electrical aspects both in the UK and on overseas projects
- Liaise directly with external consultants, sub contractors, suppliers etc.
- Lead and manage other team members where necessary on scheduling, specifications, design reviews, project management processes and value engineering
- Develop a robust project scheduling and monitoring process, monitored in-country
- Develop a robust delivery process with the MEP Manager
- Analysis of project electrical elements to ensure we are maximising value, whilst mitigating risk, through a value-engineering process
- Lead the electrical coordination with both UK and international design consultants
- Support where necessary the commercial team in preparing tender and contract documents, including Bill of Quantities and schedules, subcontracts, purchase orders.
- Produce relevant monthly reports and review in-country project reports as necessary
- Attend and lead on meetings, produce minutes and actions
What you'll need to succeed
- BEng/HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Electrical Project Management related areas
- Must be able to work in a busy fast paced office and show good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commercial / business acumen - good financial awareness
- Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
- Be able to interpret complex and sensitive information. Demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of electrical systems; designs, components, procurement, specifications
- Ability to review project progress and scheduling
- Wider knowledge of the construction industry, mechanical engineering and design management
- Provide support for the MEP Manager in all areas relating to electrical engineering
- Experience working overseas. African based projects would be extremely beneficial and a willingness to deploy overseas for short duration project tasks.
- Fluent French speaking (desirable)
What you'll get in return
- £50,000 to £60,000 per annum
- Holidays - 25 days, plus bank holidays
- 3-month probationary period
- Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm office Hours
- Travel / Accommodation and reasonable out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed
- Laptop and mobile provided
- Flexible working / home working available 1-2 days
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.