Civil Engineer- Rail- Lineside, Bridges and Structures
Civil Engineer required with a minimum of 5 years experience in Rail Design
Your new company
A Consultancy service, formed as part of a blue-chip corporate group, my client offer a client focused approach and value centred service across an array of asset portfolios including: road, railways and utilities networks to name but a few.
From asset management, to advisory and design services they monitor the performance of the asset life cycle, it's operation and use.
In this instance my client is looking to add talent to their Rail Services sector, recruiting an experienced Civil Engineer and above across their Lineside, Bridges and Structures team(s). Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Engineer (and above) will have the below essential experience, skills and qualifications:
- Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK; this opportunity is not offering sponsorship
- A minimum of 5yrs experience in Civil Engineering railway design and construction.
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability.
- A proven ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to mentor Apprentice, Graduate and Assistant level Engineers within the team
- You will be dedicated meet project deadlines.
- Comfortable with client facing elements of the role, including meetings, written correspondence and taking a technical lead where required.
- A desire to become a chartered Engineer in the near future..
- Able to fulfil the role of Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE)
- Strong knowledge of draughting and BIM software and steelwork and reinforced concrete detailing.
- Competent in design processes
- Client focused approach to service delivery and project deadlines
Your new role
As Civil Engineer (Rail Design) you will become a vital part of the railway civil engineering design team, ensuring full compliance with all relevant technical standards, such as British Standards, Eurocodes, Network Rail Company Standards, Railway Group Standards, etc. You will deliver of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required. You will guide Graduate Engineers through projects and assist in professional development and training. Maintaining excellent relationships is essential to the success of this role, this will include external stakeholders including clients, supply chain partners, contractors, sub-contractors, governing bodies and similar.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
In addition to a wealth of autonomy, diversity in work such as TRU and large complex Rail Design projects, a mentoring opportunity and continued professional development; you will be joining a large diverse team of highly experienced and technically competent Civil Engineers. You will benefit from working with a well known and highly sought after employer of choice; they invest in their people and offer long-term career progress and diverse projects.
- 24 days holidays + bank holidays, with an option to buy additional holidays up to 5 days
- Pension scheme 6%
- Annual pay reviews
- Professional subscription paid (1 per year)
- Professional development with ICE
- They are currently successfully operating a Hybrid working environment which they envisage long term, however the successful appointment will be needed within catchment area and a reasonable commutable distance from the office, which is preferred in York, Manchester & Derbyshire will also be considered for too.
- A very competitive salary is on offer for the right individual
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.