Operations & Risk Manager - Water Capital Works
6 days left
- Full Time
Capital Works Project Manager & Risk Manager for Clean Water capital works
Your new company
You will be working for a utilities company who supplies fresh clean drinking water to over 1.3M people in the Midlands. There have an ethos of high quality customer services along with low prices. They are investing their water infrastructure to ensure high quality supply. This includes the treatment services, pipe work and other water assets.
Your new role
As part of their exciting transformation change programme, they recognise the need for fresh thinking and flexibility in how we approach the future and respond to new challenges.
The job is an Operations Manager for the capital works team and involves project management of a number of capital works projects such as chemical dosing plant installations to full source water treatment works set up. Generator replacement/or installation and anything in between and contact tank refurbishments.
The role would suit someone from an civil engineering or mechanical water engineering background.
Project values will be from 10K to 5M in value.
Your main duties will be:
- Provide technical and project management input into the capital delivery programme, for long term planning including Identification of needs completion, project tracking/delivery, and contractor liaison through to commissioning.
- Identify, manage and complete production projects associated with improved operation, delivery of efficiencies and risk reduction.
- Deliver a risk management approach to production and quality activities, including a preventive maintenance strategy, impact of capital schemes on production and maximise asset management effectiveness.
- Prepare and implement standardised company policies and procedures associated with regulatory compliance, process assurance and health and safety, in addition to the development of production specific documentation.
- Support emergency planning development and integration
- Participate in the duty standby team, providing cover for day to day operations management as and when required.
The successful candidate for this role will:
- have previous experience of working in an operational, planning, asset management or capital project delivery function within water or utilities
- have a B.Eng / BSc degree in civil or mechanical engineering
- have excellent communication, negotiation, fault finding and problem solving skills.
- be familiar with water treatment and risk management processes
- possess excellent report writing, mathematics and analytical skills.
- be an expert in working with MS Excel.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Operations & Risk Manager - Water Capital Works
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly