M&E Programme Manager (Maintenance)
A senior level M&E Estates Management position within a large public sector body based in Belfast
Your new company
Hays are working in partnership with a recognised Public Body to recruit an M&E Programme Manager within the Infrastructure & Property team based in Belfast to oversee all Mechanical and Electrical related Building Services Maintenance across their estate. With around 3000 employees across various locations throughout the province, this organisation are one of Northern Ireland's largest employers.
Your new role
You will be responsible for leading and managing the M&E Maintenance Team within the Property Department. You will also be responsible for delivering M&E best practice and budget efficiencies.
- Effectively manage the M&E Maintenance team.
- Manage the delivery of M&E minor works in accordance with PMO, procurement and contracts procedures and governance.
- Proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action. The M&E (Maintenance) Programme Manager will act as stakeholder for all Property Division capital projects.
- Jointly plan the M&E Capital Programme and developing strategic investment plans in line with long term maintenance plan for M&E assets.
- Drive continuous improvement through the adoption modern designs and maintenance techniques and systems to best assess and maintain the M&E assets.
- Manage the M&E revenue budget on behalf of the Head of Property, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits.
- Ensure designs and/or compliance with regard to the latest legislation, regulations and best practice guidance.
- Support the development and implementation of an estate wide Energy Strategy and manage invest to save projects resulting from energy audits.
- Assist with the development and delivery of ISO55000 compliant Asset Management System.
- Lead and manage the external and internal stakeholder expectations. This includes statutory authorities, local community groups and interested political groups.
- Report the progress of the Programme at regular intervals.
- Provide leadership on Programme for Government, Strategic, National and local projects.
- Provide representation at Government Department Board Meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in M&E Estates Maintenance and a Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or a Construction related subject.
Hold an HND or equivalent in a related discipline with 5 years' experience in an M&E estates maintenance.
Experience in testing and commissioning of mechanical and electrical plant/systems, proven experience in managing project/maintenance budgets and experience of the NEC (or equivalent) form of contract.
A full current Driving Licence is also required.
What you'll get in return
This is an opportunity to join a recognised brand name within Northern Ireland on a permanent basis and be part of a variety of exciting projects. You will receive an industry leading package including a competitive salary, a highly attractive pension scheme alongside a range of other benefits.
This is a client side opportunity which will be NI based, working 37 hours per week Monday to Friday and 34 days annual leave.
Closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Monday 19th April 2021. Early applications are advisable. A full job description can be provided on request.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.