M&E Project Manager
M&E Project Manager - Principal Contractor - East Midlands - 18-month contract - Up to £30 per hour
Your new company
Hays Building Services, Leicester is working with a Principal Contractor who require multiple M&E Project Managers on an 18-month contract to support with a major hospital development valued at £135m. As most of the projects are HV / LV related, there is a preference for Electrically bias Project Managers however other backgrounds (Building Services / Infrastructure) are welcomed.
Your new role
You will lead day to day Design and Construction management of mechanical or electrical works on projects. T he role will encompass a variety of responsibilities including preconstruction stages, design management, tendering, appointing contractors, issuing paperwork, CDM's, liaising with the internal QS department to deal with the commercial aspects of the project, project Management and working with live sites and relocating services.
Your duties will include;
* Representing the company at meetings
* Assist in the management of design consultants
* Ensure all design solutions offered by designers and sub-contractors fully comply with the project documentation and budget strategy
* Regularly inspect works for compliance with design
* Implement correct commercial control of contractors, within pre set budgets.
* Ensure that contractual and claim correspondence is suitable actioned within agreed timeframes
* Review elements of CDM to ensure that construction works can be maintained safely after construction has been completed.
* Manage the trade contractors including the production of working drawings, procurement and prefabrication and performance on site.
* Ensure good communications within the project and regularly brief other team members.
* Provide regular written progress reports to monitor performance and highlight deficiencies at an early stage.
What you'll need to succeed
* Relevant qualifications or trade background (HNC/HND Building Services, Mechanical/Electrical time-served apprentice)
* Experience working on similar type projects that this application refers essential - NHS experience desirable.
* Strong M&E Technical knowledge / ability.
* Experience working with design teams.
* Experience of managing M&E contractors.
What you'll get in return
* ASAP Start.
* 18-month contract.
* Full-time, 5 days a week.
* Up to £30 per hour (PAYE rate slightly lower).
* Flexible working options available.
You will also have a personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.