Mechanical Design Engineer
Freelance Mechanical Engineer - ASAP Start - LTD workers accepted - ongoing contract - East Mids projects
Hays Building Services are working with a well-known Mechanical Contractor based in the East Midlands, who require a Mechanical Design Engineer to support with a recent influx of work.
Your new company
This Mechanical Contractor supply and install a full range of Mechanical & HVAC services across several sectors including Healthcare, Student Accommodation, Education, HMP and Retail just to name a few. After experiencing a quieter 12-months than usual due to the pandemic, this contractor has had a recent influx of work and are looking to take on a full-time Mechanical Design Engineer - a contractor for the immediate with a view to employing a permanent member of staff.
Your new role
- Manage mechanical services design projects
- Producing drawings, calculations and specifications.
- Acting as Project Leader on selected projects
- Attending meetings and making client presentations on selected projects
- Client facing and involved in all stages of the projects
- Working on projects across the East Midlands - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire.
What you'll need to succeed
- Contractor background preferable - Consultancy backgrounds will be considered.
- Relevant qualifications (HNC/HND Building Services, Mechanical/HVAC Engineering)
- Strong Mechanical Technical knowledge / ability.
- Software design experience using Hevacomp. Revit desirable.
- Project management experience.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
What you'll get in return
- ASAP Start.
- Full time post
- £30 - £40 per hour - Limited workers accepted!
- Flexible working options available (working from home etc)
- Ongoing contract.
- Optional Temp to Perm contract available.
You will also have a personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.