Quantity Surveyor - Utilities
Fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's leading Utilities Contractors
Your new company
I am currently working with one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers who are looking to expand their commercial team with a Quantity Surveyor.
With a nationwide 5G fibre build planned over the next 10-15 years, it is a great time to work in Telecoms. You'll be at the forefront of this growing market, providing you with opportunity to expand your skills and achieve your career ambitions with a dynamic and passionate team.
Your new role
Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the Quantity Surveyor will have the ownership of the regions commercial activities, including client applications, cost management, forecasting, WIP & Cash management and sub-contractor management.
The role requires a professional individual who can manage both internal and external stakeholders, an understanding of budgeting and cost control and ability to manage the regions commercial and cost administrators.
What you'll need to succeed
In order for you to succeed, you will need to have:
- Sound knowledge and experience of NEC3 ECC Option B (Bill of Quantities) form of contract
- Background in the telecoms sector or utilities sector
- Experience with trenching, duct laying, cabling activities, cabinet bases etc worktypes
- Ideally with experience of Causeway Project Accounting, although training can be provided
- Ideally with experience of DepotNet, although training can be provided
- Ideally with experience with CEMAR, although training can be provided
- Subcontractor management - engagement, payment, disputes
- Site measures - payment applications to client
- CVR preparation and reporting
- Cash forecasting / budget forecasting
- Flexible, focused and collaborative work ethic
- Clean drivers licence
What you'll get in return
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing
This position represents a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK's continuously expanding utilities contractors.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.