CAD Technician (Rail)
CAD Technician, London (Contract)
Your new company
One of the UK's leading contractors, internationally renowned for the major projects. Currently working on multiple landmark projects throughout the UK. Including HS2.
Your new role
CAD Technician will be required to create new 3D models or amend existing 3D models, create Dynamic sections, federate models, and create or amend technical drawings in accordance with Project CAD Standard. CAD Technician will be asked to perform CAD QA checks to files produced by other members of the BIM team or external suppliers and report findings in Excel tracker and/or AutodeskBIM360 system.
All 3D models will be created with Bentley AECOsim Building Designer V8i, with imminent upgrade to Open Building Designer Connect Edition. All 3D models will be created utilizing the Discipline smart tools of the software. In some cases, the CAD Technician will be required to model or modify objects spatial geometry to Point Cloud survey.
What you'll need to succeed
* Proficient in using Bentley AECOsim Building Designer V8i and Connect Edition
* Specialism in Building MEP services and/or Architectural/Structural disciplines
* ProjectWise knowledge will be advantage
* Previous experience on Network Rail projects will be advantage
* Experienced Excel user
* Experience with Autodesk Navisworks
* Educated to HNC or higher
* Sustained Continuing Professional Development in construction sector
* Project experience in supporting the BIM process in accordance with PAS1192:2 / ISO19650
What you'll get in return
Opportunity to immediately get started on one of the UKs largest projects. Contract is looking for a quick start, interviews being held imminently.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.