Estimator | Asphalt Surfacing Industry | Buckinghamshire
My client offers a variety of specialist products including resin bound and bonded surfaces that we install into schools, colleges, commercial developments, retail and residential businesses.
If you are looking to work in an exciting, extremely varied and fast paced environment, working for a business that is a recognised expert in installing sports surfaces to a variety of sports facilities that are recognised by 'Sport England' for high quality standards - this is an ideal opportunity to progress your career.
Your new role
Reporting to a Commercial Manager and working as part of a close knit team, you will carry out the estimating process for new & ongoing works, preparing accurate cost estimates and rates for submissions for a wide range of customers and services; from driveways and carparks to local access roads.
Other elements to the role include:
- Studying the commercial and technical requirements of bids ensuring we capitalise on commercial opportunities and mitigate company risk
- Negotiating prices & contract conditions with prospective customers at contract letting stage
- Liaising with other members of the bid team, e.g. quality team, to ensure that the bid addresses all issues and the estimate is robust
- Completing site visits to prospective and current customers to assess work methods and possible challenges or opportunities.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of subcontractors and ensuring that estimates are based upon approved and competent suppliers
- Maintaining an up to date resources database to ensure estimates are accurate and competitive
- Managing customer contact during the bid process and responding to requests for information
- Ensuring all work is carried out in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner in accordance with the policies of the company and the Integrated Management System
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience in Estimating, ideally within a similar industry
- Understanding of road and civil construction methods and our products would be a strong advantage
- Ability to build strong relationships,be willing to interact across all levels of an organisation and work well collaborating as part of a close knit team
- Strong Commercial awareness with sound judgement and ability to make decisions
- Proficient at managing time with the ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines accurately whilst working under pressure
- Strong communication and numerical skills
- Full Clean Driving licence
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Google
What you'll get in return
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognising the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.