Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor
Assistant QS / QS | Northamptonshire | Groundworks / Housing | £Neg + package
A well known groundworks contractor based in Northamptonshire are looking for an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor to join their team due to expanding the team and an increase in workload into 2021. This contractor work alongside a number of the major housing developers in the industry and are growing rapidly into the next half of this year.
Ideally they are looking for someone who has previously worked in the groundworks/housing sector who has enough experience to be able to hit the ground running as well as work as part of an established team.
Your role will involve:
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations to the Company sites
- Understand the principles of safety on site and ensure that any concerns are addressed immediately wi
- Provide administrative assistance to the commercial team
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and efficiently
- Assist with the preparation of tender and contract documents
- Build relationships and understand client's and their requirements
- Apply value management and cost control
- Keep track of variations
- Understand the Company procurement function and its interaction with site and impact on overall job cost and performance
- Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
- Assist with identification of commercial risks and develop responses/ actions to them
- Assist with subcontract procurement/ allocation of work
- Assist with valuation of completed work and arrange payments
- Build an awareness of the different building contracts in current use applicable to the Company
In return this client can offer a competitive salary and package (depending on experience), the chance for career development and training as well as the opportunity to join a growing and developing business within the construction industry.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.