Senior Engineer - Highway Structures
Senior Engineer - Highway Structures - Construction
Your new company
Working for one of the UK's leading contractors operating both in the UK and Worldwide, they operate across a number of sectors including building, infrastructure, housing and maintenance
Your new role
Due to an increase in work capacity they are now looking to recruit a senior engineer to join their highways division.
Main duties of the role:
- Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but are not limited to); scheme investigation, site and structure inspections, data collection and analysis, feasibility studies, preliminary and detailed design, preparation of tender documents, works/construction inspection and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
- Managing the delivery of technical outputs of project teams.
- Acting as Lead Designer on work undertaken by the team.
- Contributing to technical excellence and innovation across the team.
- Ensuring personal utilisation targets are met.
- Contributing to Value Management / Engineering to support Principal Engineers and Project Managers in ensuring that schemes are delivered with innovation.
- Communicate, deliver and implement improvements to SHEQ within all aspects of projects.
- Carrying out the checking and certifying of design deliverables (including drawings specifications, professional skill and care certificates, reports and contract documents), and authorising where appropriate.
- Providing technical input to brief responses and proposals for new work.
- Ensuring that delivery is achieved in accordance with the company's management systems including Health and Safety, project and risk management.
- Developing the talent within the team by coaching and mentoring Engineers, Technicians and Graduates and supporting their technical career development aspirations.
- Supporting managers with provision of information on the technical performance of staff for performance appraisal purposes.
- Actively promoting Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities as set out in the Health and Safety Management System
- Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required
What you'll need to succeed
- A degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- To be a chartered / incorporated member of a relevant professional institution (MICE/MIStructE or equivalent) or possess equivalent experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Engineer - Highway Structures
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly