Client Side Maintenance Surveyor
- Full Time
Client Side Maintenance Surveyor - The Salvation Army - Remote Home Working
Your new company
I am delighted to be representing The Salvation Army in their search for a Maintenance Surveyor. The Property and Facilities team are looking for a highly organised, confident and personable Maintenance Surveyor to join them and provide a repairs and maintenance service to their diverse property portfolio of houses, Churches, Social Centres and Charity Shops.
Your new role
You will join the Property and Facilities Services team, which is essential to the smooth running and although this position is home based, you will be required to travel across the country.
As a Maintenance Surveyor, you will be required to deliver a Repairs and Maintenance service within a designated geographical location to The Salvation Army's diverse property portfolio of Church, commercial, residential Social and community buildings.
Your main responsibilities will involve:
- Carry out maintenance inspections (including defect diagnosis), specify, tender, seek approval for works, appoint and manage contractors, control finances, manage quality and sign off works
- Undertake Equality Act Access Audits for the portfolio, including managing resultant building-related works, within policy
- Deliver a Cyclical Planned Maintenance multi-property programme involving initial inspection, specifying, tendering, appointing contractors, supervising works and acting as Contract Administrator
- Carry out ad-hoc inspections of properties for purposes of pre-acquisition, post works, dispute resolution or quality control
- Advise the Estates Manager and internal clients on matters relating to minor repairs and maintenance
What you'll need to succeed
- A proven track record of maintenance inspections, defect diagnosis and repair management to occupied buildings, especially residential
- A working knowledge of the CDM Regulations 2015 and the Equality Act 2010, plus experience of carrying our Access Audits
- An understanding of statutory compliance and health and safety issues as they affect property
- Full membership of the RICS (Building Surveying) or the CIOB, plus a relevant property-related degree
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal) and IT skills
- To be able to work on your own initiative, plus the ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- All applicants must be able to work within the Christian ethos of The Salvation Army
What you`ll get in return
- minimum of 35 hours per week
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (pro rata for part-time);
- a contributory pension scheme;
- season ticket loan;
- an employee assistance programme
- salary of £35,961 up to £38,000
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Client Side Maintenance Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly