Senior Building Surveyor
NEW JOB- Senior Building Surveyor required to join established commercial focused practice in Milton Keynes.
Senior Building Surveyor
ABOUT THE ROLE
To manage the full life cycle of building surveying projects for a wide array of commercial projects. With a range of clients throughout the region, you will be the key point of contact, so are required to have strong communication skills and commercial awareness. Clients are principally institutions (pension funds, insurance companies etc) and property companies. We do little work for tenants, developers and very little residential. Projects are obtained from both our property management portfolio and new client instructions. Nearly all work is in relation to existing buildings often with a landlord/tenant aspect.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a full range of building surveying instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including offices, retail and industrial. Emerging sectors such as student accommodation, hotels, build to rent and the private rental sectors are all areas we are developing experience in.
- Professional work will include Schedules of Dilapidations (usually acting for the landlord), pre-acquisition surveys, due diligence including development monitoring, party wall awards, defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance reports, fire insurance valuations, disability audits, and schedules of condition reports.
- Contract work can typically range from £10k to £30million where we can be performing the role of designer, contract administrator, project manager or a hybrid of all three. You will need to have the ability to provide detailed advice to clients and contractors on all aspects of the design proposal through to refurbishment.
- As a highly trusted member of the team, you will be responsible for delivering on your own projects within the deadlines set, with support from an experienced management team when required.
- You will be entrusted to help support graduates and apprentices with their further studies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- RICS qualified Chartered Surveyor
- Relevant post-qualification experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliable and Conscientious
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Building Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly