Clerk of Works
3 days left
- Full Time
Clerk of Works - 12 months FTC - Housing Association Nottingham
Your new company
A Housing Association in Nottingham are looking to appoint a Clerk of Works on a Fixed Term Contract starting ASAP - you will work 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday. This is a 12 month contract which will have the opportunity to be extended. The role is paying is £28,947- £32,406 and comes with a whole range of fantastic benefits including 36.5 days leave per year and company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the organisation which includes life assurance cover. The purpose of this role is to provide a full range of Clerk of Works services and advice to the Housing Association.
Your new role
- Carry out on-site inspections and ensure that works are carried out by the contractor in accordance with contract provisions.
- Carry out the handover of properties, involving housing officers or external clients.
- Pass all relevant information to the Defects Co-ordinator after handover.
- Assist the Employers Agents in gathering all information required for health and safety files, security files and handover information.
- Maintaining effective communication mechanisms for use with our internal and external customers.
- Provide cover for the Defects Co-ordinator as required.
- Closely liaise with contractors, including attending site / design meetings as necessary.
- Use IT systems to record details of site inspections and snagging lists. Propose relevant improvements to the information recorded.
- Assist in the recording and monitoring of performance against Key Performance Indicators.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC in Building or associated discipline plus substantial post qualification experience.
- Current/relevant knowledge of building processes and applicable statutory requirements.
- Experience of using IT systems to manage contract performance.
- Experience of managing the delivery of customer-orientated services.
- Ability to plan and organise workload, and to be flexible in approach, to achieve performance targets.
- A valid driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this post.
- An understanding of the needs of people from diverse social, cultural and racial backgrounds.
What you'll get in return
- 36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years' service.
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the company.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable.
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work at the company.
- Employee Recognition Scheme.
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities.
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers.
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors.
- Overtime available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now or send directly
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Clerk of Works
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly