Building Surveyor/ project manager
Building Surveyor/ Project Manager - Rationalisation of Office Usage
A large not for profit organisation has a network of office stretching across the Midlands and they are looking to undertake a programme of rationalisation of their office network. You will be an experienced Project Manager with a building surveying background.
1. Project manage multiple, high value projects, liaising with stakeholders, designers and contractors.
2. To lead on preparing options appraisals for each of the offices in the programme and, make recommendations on retention, refurbishment, disposal and redevelopment of these assets.
3. To review the asset register advising on future options for renewal of leases, rent reviews.
4. To identify new premises to meet the organisations operational needs, negotiating terms for the acquisition
5. To manage the termination/negotiate the surrender of surplus leasehold properties.
6. To advise on planning classifications and seek approval for any variations required
7. To appoint consultants including solicitors, chartered surveyors and others as required
8. Manage budgets for planned improvements, repairs and renewals for existing and future office locations.
9. Lead on major works to new and existing office locations, included but not limited to, extensions and remodelling.
10. Lead on agreeing and administering the form of contract to be used on office projects, advising on statutory approvals. Prepare and administer the tender process and administer the contract whilst on site, as necessary.
11. Manager office reconfiguration, exit strategies, space planning, fixtures and fittings. Consulting appropriately with all stakeholders and gaining the necessary internal approvals.
12. Working with the EHS and property teams ensure that office sites are appropriately equipped and accessible in relation to ED&I. and environmental, health and safety and wellbeing strategies.
13. Prepare reports for senior managers and board making recommendations on retention, refurbishment, disposal or redevelopment of assets
This role could be for up to 12 months and beyond. it is within IR35 .
If you are interested please apply as cv shortlisting is by Friday this week
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Building Surveyor/ project manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly