Electrical Building Services Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
ASAP Start - 6-month rolling contract - Up to £30 p/h - Local Authority - Nottinghamshire
Your new company
Hays Building Services, Leicester are working with a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire who require an Electrical Building Services Engineer on a 6-month rolling contract.
Your new role
You will be working within a maintenance environment for a Local Authority with a large estate, purely on Corporate Buildings such as offices, community centres, leisure centres, libraries just to name a few. Responsibilities will include setting up Corporate contracts with Electrical Contractors who will be responsible for the electrical maintenance across several properties on the Local Authorities portfolio. This will include the appointment and the day-to-day management of the contractors, ensuring sufficient standards of work, compliance, creating scopes of work and the development of procedures regarding electrical works.
You also be expected to carry out condition surveys to establish the current condition of the electrical building services facilities, to then be able to make recommendations on what upgrades / replacement priorities there may be.
Whilst you will be responsible for the Electrical contracts, you will be working closely with the Mechanical Contracts Manager with some crossover of managing both Electrical and Mechanical contractors / maintenance works.
What you'll need to succeed
- M&E Maintenance / FM background with a sound Electrical technical knowledge / ability.
- Experience tendering Electrical works.
- Experience creating scopes of work and managing contractors on a day-to-day basis.
- Good understanding of Electrical compliance across corporate buildings.
- Able to carry out condition surveys.
- Able to develop and adapt procedures for Electrical maintenance works that are fit for purpose.
What you'll get in return
- Up to £30 per hour working 37.5 hours per week. (PAYE rates slightly lower)
- Business mileage covered at 44ppm.
- 3-month contract rolling contract.
- Flexible working + work laptop.
- Office opening hours 07:00 - 20:45 with no core hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Electrical Building Services Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly